Monday, 26 October 2009

Thoughts on the MCM Expo, London

The London Movie Comic Media Expo took over the Docklands Excel centre this weekend and this being fairly local to me I decided to pop along and check out some upcoming releases first hand.

Unfortunately, the expo was so packed with people - many of them dressed up as games characters - I didn't actually manage to get my hands on any playable games. However, I did see a lot of demos.

Assassins Creed 2 proved to be the highlight my already high excitement levels have been raised further. Its renaissance Italy setting looks absolutely beautiful with every single building packed with meticulous details. It was good to see the combat in action and this looks improved over the somewhat repetitive nature it followed in the original. Overall Assassins Creed 2 looks very impressive and it should be a hit when its released on PC next year.

Bioshock 2, is another beautiful looking offer. If you thought Rapture looked good in the first game then you've seen nothing yet. I didn't get to see much game play but even if I had it's likely I would have been distracted by all the pretty colours.

Left 4 Dead 2 had a high profile at the centre but alas I didn't get to see it. The demos on offer were inside bunkers and the queues were huge. Fans of the original may have been up in arms about just the idea of a sequel but given the amount of interest at the ExCel centre it looks like the new release will be a top seller when it comes out next month.

So there's a lot to look forward to coming out in the not too distant future and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment